Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: quick claim deed ( No Answer,   2 Comments )
Subject: quick claim deed
Category: Family and Home
Asked by: scrunchy-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 01 Nov 2006 19:03 PST
Expires: 01 Dec 2006 19:03 PST
Question ID: 779277
How do I get out of this mess My wife and I fell between the cracks
when she came down with a rare form of lung cancer an could not work
so I did the best I could but got behind Asked her mother to put the
house in her name she did but when she signed the title she wrote mrs
instead of single but on the quickclaim deed she signed back to us she
wrote an singed her name an put single as if not married blocking us
from getting our own morgatage and she told us if we want the property
back we have to give her an her husband $200,000 for the house back
please help us she also blocked us from getting property taxes because
we paid the mortgage our selfs straight to Chase bank she has never
had to pay one dime but she wants $200,000

Clarification of Question by scrunchy-ga on 02 Nov 2006 11:21 PST
I would like to know how to clear this situation up about my property.
I asked my mother-in-law to help out by signing her name to our home
because I was out of work at the time and my wife had gotten sick and
was unable to work at the time. The thing is that we signed a contract
for deed with my mother-in-law and in the deed it says no money is to
exchange because this is a gift. All the time we are doing the
contract my mother-in-law didn't represent that she was married and
signed off on a Quick Claim Deed back in January 2006 giving me and my
wife the property back. Now that we are able to get a mortgage back in
our name she doesn't want to sign off on the title because she feels
that we need to give her $200,000 for our property that she didn't put
any money into. What can we do to force the issue of her signing off
on the title?
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: quick claim deed
From: myoarin-ga on 02 Nov 2006 04:00 PST
I am sorry for your predicament.  Any advice you receive here will
still not be a substitute for "informed professional or legal advice",
as you can read in the disclaimer below.

Personally, I could not understand from your question exactly what the
situation is, but a better explanation will not changed the fact that
only a lawyer with the papers in front of him will be able to give you
solid advice.

Good luck, Myoarin
Subject: Re: quick claim deed
From: frde-ga on 02 Nov 2006 05:16 PST
Hmm, even I, from the UK know that you are talking about a Quit Claim Deed.

I suspect that your evil mother in law is entitled to use either her
married name or her birth name - but I am not sure - jurisdictions may

I can't see how the name would affect a transfer of ownership.

My only responsible advise is:
1) Check out a competent lawyer
2) Ask them what one hour of their time costs
3) Talk to them and take notes
4) Pay them and do not make any further commitments

Actually Chase Bank has a lot more claim on your home than your mother
in law, and I think that they might be interested to hear that you
transferred their assets behind their back.

Find a competent lawyer.

I could give you irresponsible advice, you are dealing with a maniac.

Better find a competent lawyer - she will back off.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy