Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: How do I pay less taxes? ( No Answer,   7 Comments )
Subject: How do I pay less taxes?
Category: Business and Money > Accounting
Asked by: anotherway-ga
List Price: $10.00
Posted: 13 Nov 2006 00:20 PST
Expires: 19 Nov 2006 07:07 PST
Question ID: 782282
Here is my situation:
I'm 23 and single now, I'm planning to immigrate to the U.S. (EB-5)
and my parent will stay on my current country.

I'm working at home and don't have a company. I'm earning more than
40k USD/Month from the internet (from Google AdSense and other

I know if I immigrated to the US, I will have to pay a very high tax
for my income. So my question is: Per my situation, is there any way
to pay less taxes?
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: How do I pay less taxes?
From: myoarin-ga on 13 Nov 2006 14:09 PST
Does your Adsense income have to be in your name?
Is it possible to transfer your account to your parent or to a company
that you establish?

According to the Terms of Service, which you can click on below,
information about illegal activities may not be posted here.
Subject: Re: How do I pay less taxes?
From: anotherway-ga on 14 Nov 2006 02:59 PST
Hi myoarin,

Thank you so much for your reply!

Yes, I can transfer to my parent, but if so, when my parent sends me
money, do I still pay tax? (I remember the max allowed tax-free 'gift'
is 10k/year)

About company tax: If I form a company and transfer the income to my
company account, will I pay less tax? I don't know much about the US
company tax regulation.
Subject: Re: How do I pay less taxes?
From: myoarin-ga on 14 Nov 2006 04:20 PST
Hi Anotherway,

I was supposing that you would establish a company in your own
country, which would pay taxes there.  Of course, dividends or
distributions to you would/should be taxed in the States, but
presumably you wouldn't need to have all the income distributed.
This could affected by a treaty between the two countries to avoid
double taxation, if one exists between your home country and the USA.

I believe  - but I am no expert -  that gifts received from abroad are
not subject to US tax, though one does have to report the receipt of
funds in excess of a certain amount.

The subject is more complicated than I originally thought.  I should
have checked before on what and EB-5 visa is:

If your Adsense activity is related to what you intend to do in the
States, the matter becomes more complicated, it seems.

I cannot help you further.  Perhaps someone else can, or perhaps you
can post another question with more details and a price that makes a
researcher eager to help you.  As the disclaimer below indicates,
nothing here is a substitute for informed professional advice, which
you will eventually have to get, but maybe an answer to more detailed
question can give you a better preliminary understanding.

Good luck, Myoarin
Subject: Re: How do I pay less taxes?
From: nata_mcc-ga on 14 Nov 2006 14:18 PST
Hi there,

I'm an accountant from england (who happens to have english
immigration law experience!), and your question made me smile! If the
tax man in america is anything like the english tax man, i say that
you shouldn't even try to be fraudulant when it comes to your taxes. I
know you want somebody to come on here and say 'do this illegal thing
and they won't tax you or ever find out and if they do they'll have a
hard time proving you did it'' but i'm not going to lie to you for $10
- i thought i'd do you a favour and tell you its just not going to
work! If there was a way to make a remarkable saving by cheating the
tax man, then everyone would be doing it and the tax man would find
out and create another law against it. You cannot win.

If your business is doing well, then why don't get yourself a good tax
advisor who can keep the way you manage your money within the law, yet
also take advantage of the avaliable tax reliefs? You could also get a
business advisor and get this business up and runnning - i'm pretty
sure that if you move to america with this business thats creating so
much revenue in one month with only you working on it, then a big may
offer you money to buy it off of you. Just remember that good business
do get taxed in the USA, but they also get rewarded too.

Don't kid yourself on by thinking you can beat the law. I wish you all
the best with your move, and with your business :-)

Many Thanks,

Subject: Re: How do I pay less taxes?
From: anotherway-ga on 14 Nov 2006 21:23 PST
Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your comments!
> "Just remember that good business do get taxed in the USA, but they
also get rewarded too."
Did you mean that if I pay tax I will get reward from the government?
Subject: Re: How do I pay less taxes?
From: frde-ga on 15 Nov 2006 03:44 PST
Personally I would transfer the 'business' to a Ltd company in a low
tax area such as Jersey or The Caymans.

I would then pay myself a salary as an employee of the US office of the company.
I would call myself Technichal Director - USA Branch
- running a payroll is a PITA - but it makes one look normal.

With a Ltd company, legally it is a separate entity, while you own it,
its income is not your income.

You could (ahem) get an exotic mortgage from a friendly overseas bank
that just happens to be where your company keeps its reserves on long
term deposit.

What I've described is 'tax avoidance' not 'evasion', in the UK it is
quite common for people to have Ltd companies to hold income.
'Red' Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London has one.

I agree with nata_mcc-ga that it is dumb to try to cheat on taxes, but
one can arrange ones affairs in such a way that they are deferred.

Also, unlike the UK, US citizens are liable to US taxes regardless of
their domicile, I'm not sure about US residents.  This is worth
checking out, as at some stage you may want to spend a year abroad,
during which your company can pay you a spectacular dividend.

I am not an accountant - and strongly advize that you find a good
accountant outside the USA who is familiar with US regulations.

Personally I would base the core operation in an Isle of Man company,
then have a UK Ltd company that employs you as their US
Subject: Re: How do I pay less taxes?
From: abezon-ga on 18 Nov 2006 15:10 PST
Ya know, we can't even begin to give you good ideas until we know more
about your situation.
1. Where do you live now? A tax treaty may apply to your situation.
2. Is your move to the US permanent or short term? 
3. Do you ever plan to apply for a green card? 
4. Do you plan to sponsor relatives to the US? 
5. What type of business are you planning to establish for the EB-5 visa? 
6. If you've got $1M capital to start a business in the US, why are
you trying to get sophistocated investment/immigration advice for $10?
Cough up the cash & hire some sharp immigration & tax attorneys.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy