Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Mutual Funds ( Answered,   1 Comment )
Subject: Mutual Funds
Category: Business and Money
Asked by: sure1234-ga
List Price: $3.00
Posted: 22 Nov 2006 03:15 PST
Expires: 22 Dec 2006 03:15 PST
Question ID: 784759
can i sell & solicit indian mutual funds to us residents
Subject: Re: Mutual Funds
Answered By: pafalafa-ga on 21 Dec 2006 08:31 PST
Both the mutual fund and the entity selling the fund must be
registered with the SEC before sales can legally take place to US

You can find the relevant details at the SEC's site on Mutual Funds:

Let me know if there's anything else you need.


Clarification of Answer by pafalafa-ga on 28 Dec 2006 07:52 PST
FYI, two good sites for general information on mutual funds are:

Morningstar Mutual Funds page:


Yahoo Finance Mutual Funds site:

Hope those help.

Subject: Re: Mutual Funds
From: ubiquity-ga on 22 Nov 2006 06:13 PST
It depends on several things:
Is the fund registered with the SEC.  Is it an open-ended or
closed-ended fund. (if closed ended, is it on a U.S. exchange?

Who are you?

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy