Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA)
Category: Health > Conditions and Diseases
Asked by: lisamurray-ga
List Price: $25.00
Posted: 26 Nov 2006 13:08 PST
Expires: 26 Dec 2006 13:08 PST
Question ID: 785731
Where can I buy all-trans retinoic acid? I have read that it can help
with Emphsyema, I have read up on it, but can't seem to buy it. I need
to purchase it for my father. Please help???  Lisa :-)
Subject: Re: all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA)
Answered By: bobbie7-ga on 26 Nov 2006 13:39 PST
Dear Lisa,

All-trans retinoic acid is marketed as Vesanoid

?All-trans retinoic acid (short: ATRA; synonymously: retinoic acid,
vitamin A acid, tretinoin) is a derivative of vitamin A that is used
to treat acute promyelocytic leukemia and acne. It made by the body
and can also be made in the laboratory. Also called tretinoin,
retinoic acid, and vitamin A acid. It is marketed as Vesanoid.?

Walgreen?s carries Vesanoid 10 Mg Capsules

Ingredient Name: TRETINOIN (TRET-i-noyn) 
Drug Manufacturer: ROCHE 
Common Uses: This medicine is a retinoid used to induce remission of
certain types of cancers.

Vesanoid is also available at the pharmacies listed in the link below.
Vesanoid 10 mg

This medicine is available only with your doctor's prescription, in
the following dosage form(s):
Oral  Capsules (U.S.) 

Tretinoin has side effects that can be very serious. Be sure that you
discuss with your doctor the good that this medicine can do as well as
the risks of taking it.

Read more about it here:

Tretinoin (Vesanoid, ATRA)
It is also called all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA).

Roche provides complete product information.
Download here:

Search terms:
all-trans retinoic acid (ATRA)

I hope the information provided is helpful!

Best regards,
There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy