Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Social psychology question: name that phenomenon. ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: Social psychology question: name that phenomenon.
Category: Science > Social Sciences
Asked by: jaynekh84-ga
List Price: $25.00
Posted: 28 Nov 2006 20:04 PST
Expires: 28 Nov 2006 20:18 PST
Question ID: 786397
What is the name of the phenomenon in which men desire to appear less
anxious in front of other men?

The answer to this question will be in the realm of social psychology.
I thought it might be a social expectation thing, but I'm not sure.
I'd like to know the name of the phenomenon, and if possible, the name
of a prominent researcher of the phenomenon.
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Social psychology question: name that phenomenon.
From: markvmd-ga on 28 Nov 2006 20:14 PST
It's called posturing.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy