Hi there beachnut!
If you're using Internet Explorer, then you do this as follows:
1) Click on the "Tools" menu.
2) Click on "Internet Options".
3) Click on the "Content" tab.
4) Click on the "Autocomplete" button.
5) Uncheck the "Forms" box. If you like, you can also uncheck "Web
Addresses" to stop Internet Explorer suggesting web sites as you type
6) Now click "OK", and "OK" again, and you will no longer have that
If you're using Netscape, then you do this as follows:
1) Click on the "Edit" menu.
2) Click on "Preferences".
3) Click on "Privacy & Security"
4) Click on "Forms".
5) Uncheck "Save form data..."
6) Click "OK".
I hope this has answered your question. If any part of it is not
clear, or you need extra information on some part of my answer, then
please do not hesitate to request clarification before rating this
Thanks, and good luck.
Clarification of Answer by
04 Nov 2002 07:29 PST
If this is, as gopalkamat-ga suggests, a way to clear _file_ searches,
then you can do this as follows:
1) Click on the Start button.
2) Click on Run.
3) Type "regedit" without the quotes, and press ENTER
4) Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
5) There will be three options, made up of numbers and letters. Pick
the second one.
6) You should see a list of everything you have searched for
previously, appearing in the right hand pane. Right click on each of
these, and choose delete. This will clear the search history.