Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: calling an 800 number from overseas ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   0 Comments )
Subject: calling an 800 number from overseas
Category: Miscellaneous
Asked by: vlad-ga
List Price: $7.00
Posted: 25 Aug 2003 05:42 PDT
Expires: 24 Sep 2003 05:42 PDT
Question ID: 248478
Hi All,

I'd like to call a US 800 number from Budapest, Hungary.  I know that
I can dial it directly from here i.e. +1 800 555-5555 and then I would
be charged international rates for it.  What I would like to know, is
there an international/hungarian 800 number I can call and be
transferred from there to the States?  Therefore only paying local
call costs.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Subject: Re: calling an 800 number from overseas
Answered By: read2live-ga on 25 Aug 2003 12:22 PDT
Rated:5 out of 5 stars
Hi, Vlad,

I think the Kallback service may be what you need

When you register for this service, you are given a "trigger number"
in the US - you call the trigger number, and hang up as soon as you
hear a ring at the other end, thus no charge.  Kallback then calls
you, at which point you enter the 800 number you are trying to
contact. Or any other number, of course (and that appears to include
calls to countries outside the States).

You will be connected, and charged as if the call is originating in
the US - except that 800 calls are charged at US rates so are not toll
free: "Calls from outside the U.S. to "800" numbers are charged as if
you were calling any other U.S. number."  Further details are
available at <> and at

There appears to be no monthly minimum charge, you are billed only for
the calls you make (though there may be extra charges if you have more
than one trigger number or if you want your monthly statement itemised
and mailed - do read the small print carefully).

This should prove a great cost-cutter for you, hope it's what you
need.  Good luck!  r2l
vlad-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy