Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Status of existing corporation ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: Status of existing corporation
Category: Business and Money
Asked by: poppaghk-ga
List Price: $20.00
Posted: 24 Sep 2004 12:13 PDT
Expires: 24 Oct 2004 12:13 PDT
Question ID: 405891
I need the status of Argie Casey Co Inc, Fed ID # 95-2922962.  Can you help?

Request for Question Clarification by pafalafa-ga on 24 Sep 2004 12:31 PDT
Hello.  Is there anything else you can tell us about this company?  Do
you know what state they operate in?  Where did you come across the
name?  Any other details you can think of would be helpful.



Clarification of Question by poppaghk-ga on 24 Sep 2004 14:34 PDT
My name is George Kennedy.  Argie Casey is an acronyhm for the letters
'RGKC' - which represented the first names of the members of my family
when it was set up in CALIFORNIA In the mid-1970's (Revel, George.
Karianne & Chris).  My busness mamager at the time was Ryder-Stilwell
Inc. Hollywood, CA - they set up the corporation.  I have used the
corporation successfully (as an actor) for around 30 years.  However,
a company within the last month would not pay Argie Casey because it
(they said) was not registered in either California or Idaho, where
I've lived for 2 1/2 years.  They wanted to see the articles of
incorporation, which I don't have anymore.  Ryder-Stilwell
is long gone
     I've never been advised anything has 'lapsed' regarding Argie
Casey.  Can you help?
                                                  Thank you.          
     George Kennedy

Request for Question Clarification by pafalafa-ga on 24 Sep 2004 17:17 PDT
Hello George,

Thanks for the additional helped a lot.

Argie Casey indeed shows as a California corporation registered in
1974.  However, its current status shows as "suspended".  There is no
information online as to why it is currently listed as suspended.  To
find out more information, you would have to contact the Secretary of
State and request additional information.

If you'd like, I can provide you the instructions for viewing the
current status report online, and for requesting additional
information from the state.

If that would meet your needs, let me know, and I'll post the
information as an answer to your question.


Clarification of Question by poppaghk-ga on 24 Sep 2004 18:49 PDT
First things first...Your investigation has certainly already used up
the twenty dollars.  I'm very grateful, and I'd like to put my money
where my mouth is for whatever assistance you can provide...I would
like to have a copy of the articles of incorporation (if that's
posssible)...and I'd like the 'suspension' lifted (I wasn't even aware
it existed).
     What I'm saying is that I'm no good at all at this sort of thing,
and I am offering to pay (properly) for your expertise.  I'm already
in your debt.  Let's take care of that, simply because it's right that
we do.  Thank you.
                                                                    George Kennedy

Clarification of Question by poppaghk-ga on 28 Sep 2004 10:40 PDT
I sense I may have inadvertently done something wrong in asking for
further help.  Should I have directed my last query to your 'online
legal center?'
Please advise - I'm just trying to do it right.  Thank you.
                                      George Kennedy

Request for Question Clarification by pafalafa-ga on 28 Sep 2004 13:20 PDT

Sorry to have been so long in getting back to you. didn't do
anything wrong, I just got jammed up with some other activities, and
neglected to reply.

Let me give your query a bit more thought in terms of how to go
forward from here, and I'll get back to you in a day or so.

Stay tuned....


Request for Question Clarification by pafalafa-ga on 28 Sep 2004 19:58 PDT
Hello again, George.

I'm more than happy to help you with this situation however I can, but
I want to make clear that there are certain limits to how Google
Answers works.

One of the main rules of Google Answers is that all contacts occur
right here in this public forum.  I could not obtain the articles of
incorporation for Argie Casey and then mail them to you...that's just
not part of how things work around here.

The best I can offer under your current question would be to point you
to the California Secretary of State website where they post the
procedures for obtaining more information about the status of your

There are also private commercial services that can help, and I can
steer you towards these as may be worth giving one of them a

In all likeliehood Argie Casey was suspended because some paperwork
that should have been filed was not filed.  Although a researcher here
could -- in theory -- find out more about the status of Argie Casey
and how to get it back in good standing, I really think you'd be
better having the services of local company to do this.

However, if you prefer having someone at Google Answers check on the
status, then you should probably post that request as a separate

Let me know if you want me to post the information about the Secretary
of State as an answer to your current question.

And of course, best of luck with all this.


Clarification of Question by poppaghk-ga on 29 Sep 2004 10:44 PDT
1.  Thank you.  2.  Please 'point me to the California Secretary of
State website'.  3.Steer me to a  'private and commercial service that
can help. '

I won't expect the qualty of service and patience you have provided,
but then, you may not expect how
often you'll be the subject of my prayers for outstanding human concern.

4.  Thank you. 
                                                 George Kennedy
Subject: Re: Status of existing corporation
Answered By: pafalafa-ga on 29 Sep 2004 14:45 PDT
OK...I think we're all set now.

First things first.

Please go to the following link (you should be able to click on it
directly, but if not, just copy it, and paste it into your browser
address bar):
California Business Search

This is the search page for identifying registered businesses in California.  

In the section labelled "Corporations" enter [ Argie Casey ] in the
search box, and press "Search".

This will take you to a page with the following information:


Corp Number

Date Filed


Corporation Name

Agent for Service of Process


You can click on the Corporation Name to get some additional
information, though the main thing to note here is the "Suspended"
status, which you know already.

This page lists a bit more information about the meaning of "Suspended" status:

The California corporation has lost all rights and powers for failure
to meet statutory filing requirements of either the Secretary of
State's office or the Franchise Tax Board. Information regarding the
type of suspension can be obtained by requesting a status printout.
Fees and instructions for requesting a status printout are included on
the Corporate Records Order Form.

========= to set things right?

Your first step should probably be a phone call to the Corporate
Records Office.  Contact information throughout California is listed

For instance, the Los Angeles area contact information is:

Los Angeles Regional Office 
300 South Spring Street, Room 12513
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1233
(213) 897-3062

Give the appropriate Regional Office a call, explain your situation,
and ask them for help in setting the records straight.

You'll probably be asked to send in a "Corporate Records Order Form"
which you can find here:

You can print out and fill out this form, send it in with a few bucks,
and request the services/forms as advised by the Regional Office.

You can probably do this without the need for a commercial firm, but
if you want to hire some assistance, there is a list of experienced
companies that do this sort of thing here:

I cannot recommend one company over any'll have to call
around and see who best meets your needs.

I wish there was an easy way that I could resolve this for you, but I
truly think it's best that you see to this directly, rather than work
through the (sometimes awkward) mechanics of the Google Answers

Best of luck, Mr. Kennedy.

There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy