Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Changing Registered Agent for a California Corpotation ( Answered,   0 Comments )
Subject: Changing Registered Agent for a California Corpotation
Category: Business and Money > Small Businesses
Asked by: nate0100-ga
List Price: $5.00
Posted: 21 Mar 2005 17:43 PST
Expires: 20 Apr 2005 18:43 PDT
Question ID: 498318
How do I change my California S Corporation's registered agent?  I'm
sure there's a form online somewhere, but I can't find it.

Clarification of Question by nate0100-ga on 21 Mar 2005 17:44 PST
I don't want to use the "registered agent" services that are advertised
Subject: Re: Changing Registered Agent for a California Corpotation
Answered By: pafalafa-ga on 21 Mar 2005 18:38 PST
Hello Nate,

I believe the information below fully answers your question.  However,
if you find you need any additional information, just post a Request
for Clarification to let me know, and I'll be glad to help you



How do I change the name and/or address of the agent for service of process?

To change the name and address of the corporation's agent for service
of process, the corporation must file a statement in compliance with
Corporations Code Section 1502 (form SI-200 C) for stock corporations,
Sections 6210, 8210, or 9660 (form SI-100) for nonprofit corporations,
and Section 2117 (form SI-350) for foreign corporations. The
appropriate form can be downloaded from the Statement of Information
web page or can be mailed to you upon request.

[the form itself is here]

[and here is an excerpt from the instructions]

Every domestic stock corporation shall file a Statement of Information
with the Secretary of State, within 90 days after filing of its
Articles of Incorporation, and annually thereafter during the
applicable filing period. The applicable filing period for a
corporation is the calendar
month during which its original Articles of Incorporation were filed
and the immediately preceding five calendar months. If the name and/or
address of the agent for service of process have changed, a
corporation must file a complete Statement of Information. A
corporation is
required to file this statement even though it may not be actively
engaged in business at the time this statement is due.


Again, let me know if you need anything else.


search strategy -- Google search on [ ca secretary state corporations ]
There are no comments at this time.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy