Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Dentist / specialist to repair vertical cracked/split molar/tooth ( No Answer,   1 Comment )
Subject: Dentist / specialist to repair vertical cracked/split molar/tooth
Category: Health > Conditions and Diseases
Asked by: rebge97-ga
List Price: $100.00
Posted: 09 Apr 2005 13:01 PDT
Expires: 09 May 2005 13:01 PDT
Question ID: 507230
I read the answer to the subject question 'vertical root fracture of
molar tooth' asked by mindsponge-ga (question id 238073 - posted Aug
The research revealed the use of bonding agent 4-meta/mma/tbb adhesive
resin (superbond)for the repair of fractured molar teeth. As printed,
in the answer, in 1982-1989 Masaka, a Japanese author and clinician,
had good long-term success with bonding fractured teeth using
superbond 4-meta/mma/tbb.
I now know that there is good possibility that split/fractured molar
can be repaired. My question is: who is the dental professional or
professionals that have been doing this type of fracture repair in the
United States using 4-meta/mma/tbb ( superbond) or similar qualified
adhesive agent?  If there is no one with this expertise then who would
be mostly likely to have the ability to put research and information
together and attempt to repair a split/fractured tooth. Also, if
choices are possible, please list dental professionals within driving
distance from Erie, Pennsylvania?

Clarification of Question by rebge97-ga on 25 Apr 2005 12:57 PDT
In regards to my question on repair of a vertical cracked
tooth(ID.507230) and the comment from basher 54-ga. I agree; A good
general dentist can save a vertical cracked tooth. But, when the tooth
is SPLIT into two halves the CONVENTIONAL recomendation has always
been and still is EXTRACTION! It appears when the dentist hears the
words cracked or split tooth he or she because of their training,
thinks extraction! Yet, the evidence exists that repairing a split
tooth is possible; but maybe not for the AVERAGE dentist. There will
probally be only one chance at saving the tooth. Some people are
better at certian aspects of dentisty than others. It is always the
OUTCOME that is important! Therefore the question is, "Can the dental
professinal,clinic, or teaching college be found that thinks OUTSIDE
challenging dental problems? Where is my best chance of success?
There is no answer at this time.

Subject: Re: Dentist / specialist to repair vertical cracked/split molar/tooth
From: bashert54-ga on 11 Apr 2005 15:51 PDT
Most general dentists should be able to treat this problem with no
problem; the material noted is in common use. Please note, however,
that not all cracked teeth can be successfully treated in this way;
some will require a crown, some may need root canal, and some may have
severe fractures necessitating extraction (although this is rare). For
a good general dentist, one who really keeps up with continuing
education and updated dental knowledge, look for one who is a member
of the Academy of General Dentistry. Good luck!

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy