Below is the translation of the letter into English. The words are
full of misspellings and are really hard to intepret, sometimes
subject to multiple intepretation due to the missing diacritics. I
tried to use the most logical translation below, but sometimes it's
still ambiguous, I noted them in square brackets.
Hello Thanh, I also believe that if [we] print in Vietnam and
transport to Cambodia then the price will be too high, so it's not
feasible, I already said that our price is for the good already in
Cambodia, just waiting for the cigarette shop in Cambodia to negotiate
the price. If it's possible we will produce it in Cambodia. As for
the bank asking for 5000USD, if they're insistent, you should do the
paperwork to let Thiet know that he needs to spend the money to pay
the debt to the bank. If he refuses to pay, then he will bear the the
What about the people making passports, are they done yet? If they're
already done, mail me so that I can proceed to make the visa.
If anything happens, let me know immediately. Bye.
Minh, I asked Sam [and he said] that only one person did not get it,
everyone else got their passport. Sam estimates that by about
December 25, 2005 everyone will have gotten their passport.
I will write a report for Thiet about the 5000USD owed to the bank.
If anything happens I will mail you.
Hi Thanh, if that's so then [we] have to wait, how come I haven't seen
it? Remember to write a report to Theu [Thiet?] for this month; as
for the expenses,
ask Sang for it. Otherwise if anyone important calls me, remember to
ask for their number and let me know. Around ten or more rolls of
paper are still left in the factory, you should search and buy so that
we will have money to pay them. Thank you.
>>Minh, I asked Sam [and he said] that only one
>>person did not get it, everyone else got their passport.
>>Sam estimates that by about December 25, 2005 everyone
>>will have gotten their passport.
>>I will write a report for Thiet about the 5000USD
>>owed to the bank. If anything happens I will mail you.
Madhi, I already made the report for this month. Next week the
customer will respond to us, so we don't know what to do with the 10
remaining rolls of paper yet.
Regarding the 1,700,000VND utility fee from KCN [Khu Công
Nghi?p=Industrial Zone?], I already filled out the paperwork to
request not to pay it, but KCN wouldn't agree. They said that we must
temporarily shut down our operations and register with the Department
of Planning and Investment before they can waive the fee. Today Hoa
told me that he's working on the Shop Restoration Form but we must pay
a fee of tens of millions of VND, so we have to to ask Thiet to pitch
in. Hoa said he will phone Thiet to let him know. As for the 5000USD
owed to the bank I filled out a form to extend the payment date to
January 10, 2005 [2006?]. I will write a report for Thiet so that
he'd know to give money to pay the bank together with you.
How are you over there? Is your job settled yet? If anything happens
I will mail you or if it's an emergency I will call you.
Mail the address to send the printing axle [truc can be Trúc, a proper
name, or tr?c, an axle] from Sery for me. Let me ask THANH BE to
notify those in Cambodia to account for it. Or you can call THANH BE
If you need clarification, please request for it.