Google Answers Logo
View Question
Q: Finding a Range cook-top Cover For GAS stoves. ( Answered 5 out of 5 stars,   2 Comments )
Subject: Finding a Range cook-top Cover For GAS stoves.
Category: Family and Home > Food and Cooking
Asked by: dalefan-ga
List Price: $3.50
Posted: 06 Oct 2002 12:39 PDT
Expires: 05 Nov 2002 11:39 PST
Question ID: 73299
Is there such a thing as a one-piece-burner-cover for gas stoves?  If
so, where can I find one? We have a Jenn-Aire range and even though we
clean it, it still looks less than attractive, just from use. I need a
cover, Jenn-Aire doesn't make one.  Please help!
Subject: Re: Finding a Range cook-top Cover For GAS stoves.
Answered By: vorfeed-ga on 08 Oct 2002 14:44 PDT
Rated:5 out of 5 stars

I was unable to find a one-piece burner cover for your range. There
are quite a few references to these for RV stoves, but I couldn't find
one for a standard stove. There might be such a thing out there, but
I'd say that they're uncommon.

I did find a page with some relatively large cooktop covers, perhaps
one of these would fit? I don't know the dimensions of your stove, so
please forgive me, as these may be too small for you:

Alpes USA: Cooktop & Cooking Accessories

I did find many references to two-piece gas range covers, including a
myriad of choices at this site:

Burner Cover King (see the Rectangular section). 

A pair of these might be your best bet, if a two-piece cover is

I also found this reference to a homemade one-piece stove cover for a
gas range:

"DarlingH made the cooktop cover out of leftover laminate."
BigMac, RE: Kitchen Aid Appliance Help
Wed, Aug 21, 2002
GardenWeb Appliance Forum
(this posting was old, so I used Google's Cache feature to read it)

You might want to think about making one, or paying to have it done,
if having the cooktop cover in a single piece is important to you.
Perhaps you could email BigMac through the GardenWeb site and ask
about it?

BigMac's Member Page

I'm sorry I couldn't be more help to you, but I hope my answer will
give you some leads. Please feel free to ask for clarification if you
have any questions.

Good luck in finding a cover for your range!
dalefan-ga rated this answer:5 out of 5 stars

Subject: Re: Finding a Range cook-top Cover For GAS stoves.
From: vorfeed-ga on 08 Oct 2002 16:33 PDT
Oops! In my haste to answer, I forgot to add my search strategy.

Search strategy: 

Via Google and Google Groups:
"cooktop cover"
"cooktop cover" jennair
"range cover" 
"burner cover" gas
Subject: Re: Finding a Range cook-top Cover For GAS stoves.
From: kenny007-ga on 24 Feb 2003 22:16 PST
There is a one piece wood cartridge cover available.  This is availabe
in several different wood types.  My company sell them.  Appliance
Factory Parts  1 800 955 7075.  These are an aftermarket product made
for Jenn Air.

Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Google does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. Please read carefully the Google Answers Terms of Service.

If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by emailing us at with the question ID listed above. Thank you.
Search Google Answers for
Google Answers  

Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy